Monday, 29 September 2008

Happy Belated Birthday

Yesterday, 28th of Sept was my birthday. Happy Belated Birthday to myself. I want to share my feelings being 21st on that day but i was in my auntie's house that time. I didn't have fancy and big celebration for my 21st as people will usually celebrate it by having a party and their parents will give them a "key" as freedom. Anyway, i didn't have both because my family doesn't has such traditions and even my sis was not celebrating that time. Frankly, this year is my quietest birthday in my entire life. I don't even receive any birthday presents at all. I don't even celebrate with friends. I don't even have a proper cake. 21st to me is just as a usual day & i think i won't remember my birthday if i didn't receive any sms from friends and family members and my dearest auntie keep telling me. I dislike being grown up. More responsibility & commitment to bear with. Anyway, i hope to graduate soon with flying colours as i want to financial independent.

Thanks a lot to my dearest anutie. My auntie celebrated my birthday with me on saturday and sunday by giving me treats. On saturday, we had decent meal at Nam Xiang which oiginated from Shanghai. It was all Shanghai cuisine. The foods are nice & the chinese tea is very fragrant. Next day, we had dinner at sakae sushi in the curve. Frankly, it is not delicious at all. The foods are so so and i think it is not deserve with that price. I am disappointed with the foods there and i don't think i will go there again. Later, my brother and mika gave me a treat in starbucks for a slice of cake, espresso tiramisu. The cake is really nice. I love it so much.

21st will be my starting point and my starting of 21 years old. 21st....i have lots of dreams that i want to fulfill. I want to chase and being successfully in pursuing my dreams. I am eagerly to live my life to fullest and i will live out of my comfort zone & think out of the box. I want to live with my own identity. I just want to be myself. I am who i am. Let me just be myself and have a life that i wanted. The job is good prospectus with high paid, all my family members will live a happy & healthy life, backpacking, learning more foreign languages, be good to myself, pass my exams with flying colours, etc.....

That day, i read a chinese magazine, citta bella. Sammi Cheng became the front cover and there is an interview with her. What she said is meaningful. When we chase of money and power, we will get tired one day. One day, she decided to let go of her fame by leaving the entertainment industry some time. She want to find out that other than money and power, what will she left with herself. Is it just a body? she think that mental fulfillness ( feel contented with yourself) is more important. I do agree with her in certain extent. When we are in the process of chasing the material fullfillment such as money, branded things, etc, we willl feel our heart is full with emptiness. So, it is better for us to find a balance between material and mental fullfillment. Yeap! it is hard to do so, but , we should try to be not over chasing material fullfillment. Another statement that said by Jet Li. It is meaningful. >>>“我们出世时光着身子,却紧握拳头大声哭泣。哭什么呢?我们什么都要,要快乐、钱、权利、声誉。可是死的时候,我们同样光着身子,但手是张开的,把一切归还世界。在这过程中,人们以为拥有了生命,但其实只是暫时保管,你最后还是得归还。” I am not promoting that money is not important at all but i will conclude that money is important but not more important than your very own happiness except that you feel money is the fundamental of your happiness. I think that the person who use money to built their own happiness are very pity. They just keep on thinking money and they can't live without money in their brain.

1 comment:

weiqi said...

hello pei lin. sorry i was late. but still hope to wish u happy birthday. have a nice year ahead =)